December 4th, 2020
Dear DDGC Members,
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, Gymnastics BC has been working with viaSport and the Province of British Columbia to understand the recommendations of our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within sport.
The Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics Club COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed in order to ensure:
- the health and safety of all individuals is a priority
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each sport organization and its participants
- our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, this COVID-19 Safety Plan will be the ‘new normal’ until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to enter the club facility and/or participate in activities, you must follow these rules:
- If you do not feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home
- If you have (or if someone from your household has) traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home
- Wash your hands before participating
- Bring your own equipment and water bottle
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the facility as quickly as possible after the program, parents should plan to drop off and pick up their children promptly at the scheduled times
New rules effective December 4th:
- Social distance has been increased to 3 meters
- Masks are mandatory for when entering and exiting the facility, in our lobby, at the cubbies where shoes are kept, in our bathroom, and any space where the 3 meters of distance cannot be kept
- Masks are mandatory for all participants over the age of 12 for all non-physical activity moments while training
- Masks are highly recommended for participants from age 2 to 11 for all non-physical activity moments while training
- Masks are not recommended for participants under the age of 2
- There are no spectators permitted at this time*
- Daily Screening questionnaires must be filled out by all participants either electronically or by paper copy provided by DDGC
*All pre-school 3-4 year old classes have been changed to 'parent & tot' to allow parents to come in to watch their children. This does not mean that parents are allowed on the floor, unless they are invited by a coach.
DDGC is committed to staying in touch with Gymnastics BC and our health region and we will make adjustments to our policies as per their recommendations. It is important that we continue to wear masks when entering and exiting our building and in all common spaces. Sanitization and cleaning stations are still throughout our facility and exceed all of the requirements. Of note, masks are highly recommended but not mandatory at this time. Please be aware that these policies could change very quickly. Thank you for your continued support. Let's stay safe, stay healthy, and stay open.
We all need to work together to move forward successfully.
Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics Club