Competitive/Recreational Gymnastics Coach
The Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics Club is seeking a competitive coach for the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) program who is willing and able to coach recreational classes as needed.
Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics Club is a non-profit organization located in Duncan, BC. DDGC provides the community a complete range of gymnastics programs. Focusing on fun, fitness, and fundamentals, through excellent coaching, individual attention and in a safe, caring environment, we offer challenges and opportunities to develop confidence and well being for all individuals.
Centrally located in the Cowichan Valley, Duncan offers the big-city amenities of shopping and restaurants, while showcasing their small-town feel with local artists, history, and culture. 45 minutes to Victoria and only a short ferry ride away from being on the lower mainland.
Job Title: WAG/GFA Coach
Position: days/evenings/weekends as needed
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Hours: full time (30-40hrs)
Date: February 2021
Description of Responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Plan, implement and actively coach within the Developmental and Competitive Programs athletes ages 7 +
- Coach JO/Elite Stream groups (ages 7+) with a full range of coaching responsibilities and delivery of competitive programming for athletes’ levels JO 3-10.
- Coach recreational/pre-school classes where needed
- Formulate, in collaboration with General Manager & Head Coach, the competitive strategy including the planning and development of training sessions, training schedules, competition schedules and programs
- Attend and contribute to in-house coaching clinics/meetings
- Attend continuing education clinics/seminars in-person and online when available
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
- Ensure consistency in coaching of technical program as mandated by the Head Coach/GM
- Attend training camps and competitions as necessary (travel required)
- General applicable administration duties
- Embody the strategic direction, mission vision and values of the Club
- Abide by the coaching code of conduct
- Abide by the coaching code of ethics
Skills, Education, Knowledge, and Abilities Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in related field an asset
- NCCP Comp 1 & Comp 2 ( old level 3) preferred (NCCP Comp 1 (old Level 2) may be considered with willingness to obtain higher certification within first year)
- NCCP Trampoline Level 2 or higher (NCCP Trampoline Foundations may be considered with willingness to obtain higher certification within first year)
- Respect in Sport Certification
- Making Ethical Decisions Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- 5 years or more experience in provincial or national-level WAG coaching
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, technical knowledge, and spotting in women’s competitive gymnastics
- Energetic and actively foster a positive atmosphere
- Problem solving, flexible and willing to step up
- Understanding of program delivery and requirements
- Must love gymnastics
- Leadership skills will be strongly evaluated
- Approachable and solution-oriented with superior communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Must be able to be physically active including (but not limited to):
- Standing for long periods
- Demonstrate basic gymnastics skills
- Bear weight as required to spot athletes of all ages and abilities
Due to the facility closure caused by Covid-19, only emailed applications will be accepted. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are always looking for energetic, enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our coaching team. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.